The statue stand 25 feet tall and is a wind-driven kinetic stainless steel/aluminum sculpture. Multiple “wings” move in unpredictable fashion in this large assembly. The sculpture is titled “Union” and is by artist Ralfonso Gschwend.
You can also see the new grass that’s part of the other park improvements the City is making at Lake Eola this month.
Eight total sculptures will be part of the See Art Orlando unveiling in November [Event Info].
The other five sculptures that have already been installed are:
- Centered on Central Blvd across from the Waverly
- Global Convergence at Heritage Park by the Orange County Regional History Center
- Cedar of Lebanon on the corner of Central and Osceola next to Post Parkside
- Take Flight on Lake Eola by Robinson
- Astrogenesis II at Signature Plaza on the corner of Orange Ave and Church St
The sculptures are being paid for by private donors. You can see a map of the eight locations here.
Here’s a closer picture of Union: