Heather McPherson recently announced her departure from the Orlando Sentinel, leaving an opening in the newspaper’s staff for a Food Writer.
The full-time position calls for a multimedia journalist that can write stories concerning “up-and-coming local chefs, the latest local restaurant openings and closings, the hottest national trends in retail and consumer cooking, and sharing enticing recipes with readers throughout the year.”
- Candidates should have a minimum of one to three years of experience working for a mainstream or non-traditional news organization covering food or the food industry.
- Portfolio of examples of strong writing skills covering the food industry.
- Portfolio of examples of social media engagement.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel to assignment locations.
- This position will be based in the downtown Orlando newsroom.
To find out more or to apply for the job, click HERE.