The Mennello Museum of American Art is looking for a new educator, a Marilyn L. Mennello Associate Curator of Education to be exact.
The formerly part-time job is now a full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director and overseeing all contract instructors, visiting artists, interns, and volunteers.
According to the job description, “the Associate Curator of Education is responsible for the Mennello Museum of American Art’s visitor-centered approach to art education programming, school and family outreach, children, teen, and adult programming, local artist initiatives, and community partnerships that create opportunities for all audiences to engage with the collection and temporary exhibitions in meaningful and enjoyable ways.”
Interested parties must have:
- A degree in art history, fine art, museum education, museum studies, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of art history, studio art, art appreciation, and art and community education practices.
- Understanding of current museum teaching strategies, learning theory, and best practices.
- Associate Curatorial interest and experience with emerging artists.
- Experience in museum or arts education developing and planning programs.
- Articulate verbal, writing, editorial skills.
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to develop innovative and accessible art programs related to the collection, rotating exhibitions, and current events.
- Proven ability to work with diverse constituencies including schools, community agencies, health communities, social agencies, and cultural institutions.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including some evenings and weekends.
To see the complete job description, click HERE.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to [email protected], citing “Associate Curator of Education” in the subject line. No phone calls.