Located in a historic building between Gertrude’s Walk and Garland Avenue, Ceviche’s has about
75 feet of store frontage facing West Church Street.
According to their permit application, the building was, “built for Emil Metginger and R. A. Scarboro in 1922 by Orlando contractor F.A. Peppercorn at a cost of $12,000.00, this two story 20th century commercial style structure originally had stores at ground level and a salesmen’s hotel above. The building was originally known as the Strand Hotel and was substantially renovated in the 1970’s to become Lili Marlene’s which was a part of the Church Street Station entertainment complex. The 19th Century cast iron columns and railings were installed on the face of the building during the 1970’s renovation. Also installed at this time was the storefront system which consists of antique stained glass transoms, carved wood columns, and plate glass. In 2003, some of the non original decorative railings were replaced and in 2008 the decorative style railings were reintroduced.”
Certificates of Appropriateness have been issued over the years for roofing, facade repairs,
porch alterations and sidewalk cafe.
The owner is seeking to replace the existing plate glass windows and columns with operable “marvin windows and doors” which are shown in the graphic below.