SPONSORED: Sonny’s BBQ, the third largest BBQ chain in the country, will be hosting the Sonny’s Smokin’ Showdown Invitational this Saturday, January 14 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens in Sanford [GMap].
Sonny’s has invited the best pit-masters in the nation to participate in this event and showcase their extreme BBQ skills. Enjoy live music by Frankie Ballard and other great local acts along with games and fun activities for the kids.
General admission is $5 but children under 10-years are free. There is no charge for parking and the admission to the event also gets you into the Zoo. Tickets are available for purchase at the entrance gates or you can secure them HERE in advance.
The schedule of events includes:
- 11 a.m. – Gates open
- 12 p.m. – Kid’s donut eating contest
- 12:30 p.m. – Cooking demo
- 1 p.m. – Rib eating contest
- 1:30 p.m. – Cooking demo
- 2:30 p.m. – Meet the Masters with Danielle Bennett of Diva Q, Darren Warth of Iowa’s Smokey D’s BBQ (the 2016 Grand Champion), Jim Elser of Sweet Smoke Q, and Brandon Manly of Sonny’s BBQ
- 3 p.m. – Live music by Hayfire
- 5 p.m. – Live music by Rockit Fly
- 6 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
- 7:15 p.m. – Live music by Jill’s Cashbox
- 8:30 p.m. – Live music by Frankie Ballard
For more information, click HERE.