The Mayor’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission has arranged a variety of events for Orlando residents to participate in community service projects meant to commemorate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to clean up and beautify City of Orlando parks and the Parramore neighborhood. High school students can earn community service hours, and all volunteers will receive a t-shirt and refreshments.
The Commission is a volunteer organization, which includes business and community representatives appointed by Mayor Dyer to raise funds and coordinate citywide events that promote the celebration of Dr. King’s legacy of equality, justice, freedom, peace and harmony for all races and cultures in Greater Orlando.
Monday, January 16, 2017 9:00 a.m. Great Day of Service – District Events
- District 1 – Plant Seedlings for Civil Rights & Clean-up (Note: this location begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Southport Community Park, 3437 Barnstable Pl., Orlando, FL 32827 [GMap]
- District 2 – Park of the Americas Clean-up
Park of the Americas, 201 Andes Ave., Orlando, FL 32807 [GMap]
- District 3 – Lake Fairview Clean-up
Lake Fairview Park and Trotters Park, 2200 Lee Rd., Orlando, FL 32810 [GMap]
- District 4 – Cherokee Park Clean-up
Cherokee Park, 525 Cherokee Dr., Orlando FL 32801 [GMap]
- District 5 – Parramore and Jackson Community Center Clean-up
Jackson Community Center, 1002 Carter St., Orlando, FL 32805 [GMap]
- District 5 – Florida A&M College of Law
201 Beggs Ave., Orlando FL 32801 [GMap]
- District 6 – Bill Frederick Park Clean-up
Bill Frederick Park, 3401 S Hiawassee Rd., Orlando, FL 32835 [GMap]