Park Lake Presbyterian Church (Website) has filed paperwork with the City of Orlando, declaring their intent to expand the footprint of their existing Faith Arts Village campus.
Faith Arts Village Orlando (Facebook | Website), or FAVO, is a series of artist studios in the former Davis Park Motel on the corner of East Colonial and Highland Avenue, a great example of “Googie Architecture.”
The church, located just across the street, renovated the rear part of the Motel first and is now seeking to do the same to the front parcel, which faces Colonial Drive. To do so they are seeking to amend the current Planned Development/Traditional City Overlay, to include an additional contiguous parcel, measured at .38 acres. The church already has permission to use the space as a Public Benefit Use.
The existing buildings will remain intact but with the following changes:
- expansion of artist studio/office spaces.
- Art Gallery for exhibitions and sales for artists on-site.
- Small cafe or coffee shop.
- Teaching kitchen.
- Temporary housing for church-sponsored individuals.
- Non-profit offices.
- Occasional classroom and small group meeting space.