UPDATE 4/21: There will be a new step in the flag selection process, following the most recent meeting of the Task Force. The City will be working with the top 4 finalists to improve the designs before opening them back up for public feedback. The flags will be installed at separate locations around the City so residents can see them in real time before making a decision. There is no official timeline for this new development. The flag Committee will be meeting again on May 1 to review the new designs.
With over 1,400 votes the majority has chosen its favorite flag design. In total, the contest received over 10,000 votes.
The Flag Design Committee will reconvene this week in order to make the official call on which design will be submitted to City Council, for a final decision. The Committee will also be making any recommendations to improve the design, before sending it forward.
The Commitee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Ted Bogert, Diamond Residential Mortgage
- Grace Chewning, City of Orlando
- Stephanie Darden, Prismatic
- Joy Wallace Dickinson, Orlando Sentinel
- Chad Miller, Code for Orlando
- Cole NeSmith, Creative City Project
- Orlando Robles, Orlando Science School
- Dr. John Schott, North American Vexillological Association
- Kyle Shephard, City of Orlando