This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news. We’ve also started including some of the headlines you may have missed in last week’s hustle-and-bustle.
This past Saturday, the Townie Tourist hosted a Facebook Live tour of East End Market in Audubon Park. Don’t miss out on the latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus which airs on Real Radio 104.1 every Friday at 9 p.m. and is also available on iTunes and Google Play.
We have one upcoming event you should plug into your calendars; June 21 – International Day of Yoga at The Acre. We are also the proud media sponsors of Recycle Art Show at the Sodo Shopping Center, June 16-25. The “Orlando City Parks Project” artwork is now on display at City Hall and a limited edition run of the books are available in our online shop.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES OF THE WEEK:
- Sponsored – House of the Day: Beautiful pool home in College Park asking $799,000.
- Sponsored – House of the Day: Mid-century Colonialtown-cutie asking $279,000.
- History Center launches One Orlando Collection digital gallery.
- New pizza and ice cream spot coming to Trevi Express space.
- Hunger Street Tacos now does Saturday breakfasts.
- Video: DJ remixes Harry Potter music at Winter Park SunRail station.
- New rubberized track now open at Showalter Stadium.
- Inhabit An Exploration of Home: Beth Marshall.
- The final flag design has been chosen.
- Cool Job Alert: Assistant Director of Leu Gardens.
ICYMI: Here are a number of articles from last week that you may have missed:
- Cool Job Alert: The City of Orlando is hiring app developers.
- A Philadelphia artist hates the I-4 so much he made a sticker about it.
- A new post office has opened in the Milk District.
- “American Idol auditions coming to Orlando this August.” – Orlando Weekly
- “As Disney reports drop in guests, is Orlando’s post-Pulse embrace of LGBT too tight?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Boycott the Sentinel? I was embarrassed by this column … and by the reaction.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Amazon agrees to buy Whole Foods for $13.7B.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Loft, Ann Taylor, Lane Bryant, Dressbarn owner will shutter stores.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Bowling Alley Gets the NOD.” – Winter Park Voice
- “Knox Medical opens first medical marijuana dispensary in Orlando.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer