SPONSORED by Reason: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news. We’ve also started including some of the headlines you may have missed in last week’s hustle-and-bustle.
Don’t forget to listen in to the latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus which airs on Real Radio 104.1 every Friday at 9 p.m. and is also available on iTunes and Google Play. We also spent some time at the Orange County History Center learning about Billie the Swan, the “Tyrant of Lake Lucerne.” Learn more about him HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES OF THE WEEK:
- SPONSORED – House of the Day: Lovingly maintained mid-century College Park home for sale.
- The Confederate statue has been removed from Lake Eola.
- Beefy King is celebrating 49 years of business this June.
- Jim Philips has announced his pending retirement from “The Philips Phile.”
- Residents petition for buried power lines in Lake Lawsona Historic District.
- Lake Alert: Sanitary sewer overflow near Clear Lake.
- In our latest “I Wish This Was” column, architect Ryan Young transform a vacant lot by Lake Eola into an interactive promenade.
- The Review Committee chose their final flag design.
- Hubbly Bubbly Falafel Shop has opened their new Downtown location.
- “Foxtail Coffee Co. to partner with DoveCote on their downtown coffee bar.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI: Here are a number of articles from last week that you may have missed:
- Check out this new Instagram that documents the toilets of the City Beautiful.
- Westmoreland Drive is getting a multi-use trail for the new K-8 school.
- Cool Job Alert: Be the next Magic Mike with the Rock Hard Revue.
- “Meet Puff, the shelter dog we hope will be a big loser soon.” – Orlando Weekly
- “The benefits and struggles of riding Central Florida’s better-than-nothing public bus system.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Inside Versailles: David and Jackie Siegel share video tour of mansion.” – Orlando Business Journal