Opendoor (Website) is a new tech company that is looking to overhaul the traditional way real estate companies do business. They haven’t officially launched in Orlando but they are currently hiring for five local positions; Acquisitions Associate, Estimator Project Manager, General Manager, Qualifying Broker, and Renovations Project Manager.
The tech startup’s is an innovative online “buy homes for cash” model that will buy your home and then provide 24-7 access to their houses for prospective buyers. Homeowners sell directly to the company, rather than sell through a third party agent.
In exchange for the confirmed buyer, homeowners pay a higher commission, averaging between 6-12 percent. An additional 1.5 percent is paid to the company in the form of a repair cost credit.
Opendoor provides an inspection report, two-year warranty and money-back guarantee, and 24-7 access to the homes in its portfolio using a smartphone; which could mean a buyer could do the entire transaction themselves.
To sell your home you simply:
- request an offer
- your assigned “home expert” presents an offer based on local market data and the information you provide them
- you review the offer and associated fees and sign if you agree with the terms
- a free inspection is carried out and the cost of repairs are deducted from your check, following the acceptance of the offer
- homeowners are then paid in a few days and able to move
- Opendoor handles ongoing maintenance while they find the next buyer
- They facilitate the new purchase
Opendoor also has an option where homeowners can “trade” their existing home for a new one, but selling it to the company and swapping/buying another one of their houses.
Look at their current job openings HERE.