This event is the first in a series of public workshops to facilitate discussion around building a permanent memorial and museum in honor of the victims of the Pulse shootings in 2016.
A panel will discuss the process behind creating a memorial and how museum items are curated. Panelists include:
- Anthony Gardner – Senior Vice President of Collections and Chief Curator, National September 11 Memorial and Museum
- Hilary Lewis – Chief Curator and Creative Director, Glass House
- Ed Linenthal – Ph.D., Author and Professor of History and American Studies at Indiana University Bloomington
- Jan Ramirez – Executive Vice President and Chief Curator, National September 11 Memorial and Museum
- Pamela Schwartz – Chief Curator, Orange County Regional Regional History Center
- Kari Watkins – Executive Director, Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum