UPDATE: As of 8:30 p.m. Monday evening, OUC had restored power to roughly 24 percent of their customers – which translates to 37,000 people.
The worst of the storm has passed and the sound of chainsaws is replacing the sound of popping generators and power boxes. Here’s what you need to know today.
THE CURFEW IS STILL IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 P.M.
There have been four arrests in Orange County for violating curfew. You are to stay in your home so emergency crews can travel unchecked through the City. Winds are still at Tropical Storm levels and it is dangerous to be outside. Don’t make the work harder for our first responders. Tropical wind gusts are expected in our area until noon.
Trees and debris are blocking roads across Orlando. Please report them to the City of Orlando’s Citizen Information Line – 407.246.HELP (4357). This will help them prioritize the work for their crews and hopefully get someone to your home sooner rather than later.
More than half of Winter Park residents are currently without power. IF you live in Winter Park, report your outage to 1-877-811-8700.
Residents are being asked to limit their sink and toilet usage as many Lift Stations are experiencing some problems. That means the sewage system is full of stormwater and needs time to catch up. Let it mellow.
Lakes and rivers are not safe. The water could have been exposed to any number of toxins, including sewage runoff. Stay our of the water until further notice.
There are no boil water alerts at this time.
UPDATE 2:30 P.M. – IF YOU PARKED IN A DOWNTOWN GARAGE YOU HAVE UNTIL 8 A.M. ON THE 13TH TO MOVE THE CAR.
UPDATE 3:30 P.M. – THERE ARE CURRENTLY 157 INTERSECTIONS IN TOWN WITHOUT POWER OR LIGHTS. TREAT THEM AS A FOUR-WAY STOP.
OUC WILL BE RELEASING A SYSTEM-WIDE RESTORATION TIME TABLE TOMORROW.
WHAT’S OPEN FOR DINNER
This is a list of mostly unconfirmed spots that are rumored to be open either now (pre-end of curfew or after curfew) for dinner and post-Irma drinks. Some restaurants are opening later than others and some are running out of food, and all of them are busy. Keep that in mind when setting out on your food mission.
- Hideaway Bar – 516 Virginia Drive
- Ocean Sun Brewing – 3030 Curry Ford Road
- Austin’s Coffee – 929 W. Fairbanks Avenue
- Rogue Pub – 3076 Curry Ford Road
- Sodo Sushi – 25 W. Crystal Lake Street
- Broken Cauldron Taproom and Brewery – 1012 W. Church Street
- The Thirsty Topher – 601 Virginia Drive
- The Bear and Peacock – 1288 N. Orange Avenue, Winter Park
- White Wolf Cafe and Bar – 1829 N. Orange Avenue UPDATE: NOT OPEN, SIMPLY CLEANING
- Boardwalk Pizza – 5419 Lake Howell Road, Winter Park
- Savoy Orlando – 1913 N. Orange Avenue
- Parliament House – 410 N. Orange Blossom Trail
- Finnhenry’s Public House – 39 N. Orange Avenue
- La Fiesta Mexican Grill – 3000 Curry Ford Road
- Avenue Gastrobar – 13 s. Orange Avenue
- Burton’s Bar – 801 E. Washington Street
- The Parkview – 136 S. Park Avenue, Winter Park
- The Lucky Lure – 1427 N. Orange Avenue
- Sly Fox Bar – 63 N. Orange Avenue
- The Ravenous Pig – 565 W. Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park NOTE – They JUST got power and are waiting to see what sort of limited menu they can whip up. This restaurant is not a sure thing yet.
- Boca Winter Park, 358 N. Park Avenue, Winter Park
- Anthony’s Pizza – UPDATE: OUT OF FOOD
- Pizza Planet – UPDATE: OUT OF FOOD
- Your Pie – 335 N. Magnolia Avenue
- The Hammered Lamb – 1235 N. Orange Avenue
- Harry Buffalo – 129 W. Church Street
- Jade Sushi and New Asian – 2425 Edgewater Drive
- Tijuana Flats – 2914 E. Colonial Drive
- Bar Room at North Quarter Tavern – 861 N. Orange Avenue
- Mynt Fine Indian Cuisine – 535 W. New England Avenue, Winter Park
- Pannullo’s Italian Restaurant – 216 S. Park Avenue, Winter Park
- Gitto’s Pizza – 120 S. Orange Avenue
- Pita Pit – 1 S. Orange Avenue