This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Don’t forget to tune in to the latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus which airs every Friday on Real Radio 104.1. This week’s episode was recorded at World of Beer – Downtown.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Christian Science Church could be replaced by a townhome project.
- Leu Gardens hurricane cleanup could take months.
- House of the Day: 1920s fairy tale home in Spring Lake asking under $400,000.
- Road Alert: Long-term closure of Hughey Avenue starting October 2.
- Coworking chain opening new Downtown location.
- Lake Alert: Lake advisory lifted for all City lakes.
- Eyes on the Street: Homegrown Local Food Coop is closing.
- “Puerto Rico’s Exodus Begins with a Trickle Into Orlando.” – Politico
- “It’s official: This downtown area is among C. Fla.’s ideal spots for Amazon HQ2.” – Orlando Business Journal (paywall)
- “Missing woman’s body found in Orange County.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Bungalower Bundle: Did you use your September offers yet?
- Cool Job Alert: College Park Main Street hiring new Executive Director.
- City of Winter Park releases debris management update.
- Rent someone’s boat with this app.
- Get a free roof tarp from Operation Blue Tarp.
- The Spa Orlando building is for lease.
- The Milk District is getting a new cocktail bar.
- WMFE purchased a new radio station.
- “New Orange Blossom vintage market opens.” – The Daily City