SPONSORED by the Downtown Art District: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Don’t forget to tune in to the latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus which airs every Friday on Real Radio 104.1. This week’s episode was recorded at World of Beer – Downtown.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- One Pulse Foundation files plans for interim memorial.
- Construction is beginning on Denning Drive’s multi-use trail.
- Blink-182’s road chef is opening a vegan deli in Orlando.
- The second issue of Bungalower’s print issue has hit the streets.
- House of the Day: Thornton Park bungalow with massive porch is asking just over $300,000.
- Kimley-Horn releases parking strategy for Winter Park.
- Jim Philips has delayed his retirement for one more year.
- Former WDBO building is slated to be demoed.
- “City Seeks Liquor License Exemption for Newly Designated Downtown Dining Area.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “JPMorgan Chase commits $5 million to boost affordable housing in Central Florida.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Local photographer hosting a Kickstarter for his book of manly beards.
- Revisions submitted for sports and entertainment district development program.
- Lake Alert: Lake Beauty is a victim of a sanitary sewer overflow.
- Eyes on the Street: Champagne Nails space is vacant again.
- Rogue Pub is now “Roque” Pub, with a “q.”
- United Arts is trying to raise $80K for their “Irma Arts Fund” Initiative.
- Playground City is looking for volunteers to fight an evil villain.
- “West Art District for Lease.” – The Daily City
- “Florida Hospital to host mass hiring event.” – Orlando Business Journal