Green Builder Media (Website) is back in Orlando with their second annual sustainability-minded event, Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change, on January 8 at the UCF campus.
Attendees will learn from and interact with internationally celebrated leaders as they share essential insights about smart cities, renewable energy, advanced technologies, intelligent water, and sustainable design.
Keynote speakers include Paul Hawken, one of the fathers of the contemporary sustainability movement; Jeremy Rifkin, economist/futurist; Governor Martin O’Malley, unveiling a plan to take the country to 100% renewable by 2050; Laura Turner Seydel, zero-waste proponent in the City of Atlanta; and Mayor Buddy Dyer.
SPACE IS LIMITED, CLICK here TO REGISTER NOW.
The current agenda includes:
8:30-9:30 a.m. Opening Remarks
- Ron Jones, President Green Builder Media
- Buddy Dyer, Mayor of Orlando
9:30-10:30 a.m. Keynote: The Third Industrial Revolution
- Jeremy Rifkin, Esteemed economist, author, and President, Foundation on Economic Trends
10:30-11 a.m. Snack and Networking Break
11-11:30 a.m. Impact Series: Disruption
- Disruptive Technologies for Smart Cities, Mike Hess, VP Smart Cities Panasonic
- Disruptive Strategies for the Evolving Housing Market, CR Herro, VP Innovation Meritage Homes
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Keynote: Seizing America’s Renewable Energy Future
- Governor Martin O’Malley, Former Mayor of Baltimore and Governor of Maryland
12:30-1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:15-1:45 p.m. Environmental Frontline: Ensuring a Clean Future
- Laura Turner Seydel, Media Mogul Ted Turner’s daughter, implementing smart city initiatives with the City of Atlanta
1:45-3 p.m. Impact Series: Innovation
- Unlocking the Potential of Intelligent Water, Dena Mayne, VP Marketing and Customer Experience, Uponor North America
- Improving Quality of Life through Innovative Technology and Design, Terry Beaubois, Architect and Adjunct Professor at Stanford University
- Innovative Financing Solutions for Resilient Building, Samantha Medlock, Former White House Resiliency Advisor and Senior Vice President Capital, Science & Policy, Willis Towers Watson
- Zero Energy Ready Design Strategies, Mark Stimson, Builder Channel, Bosch Thermotechnology Corporation
3-3:30 p.m. Snack and Networking Break
3:30-5 p.m. Keynote: Drawdown: A Comprehensive Plan to Reverse Global Warming
- Paul Hawken, Internationally renowned environmentalist, author, speaker and Executive Director, Drawdown
5-6 p.m. Cocktails and Networking
Starting at 5:45 p.m. (OPTIONAL): Tours of Siemens Innovation lab on UCF campus
Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change contact Sara Gutterman, CEO, Green Builder Media at [email protected]