SPONSORED by The Mennello Museum’s event: Sharon Louden Talk, Conversation & Book Signing: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus HERE. You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- SPONSORED – House of the Day: Meticulously renovated mid-century gem asking $368,900.
- KASA is rebranding as Chela Tequila and Tacos and they’re having an all-you-can-eat opening on January 23.
- Truck Stop Pop-up Kitchen now open in Thornton Park – Featuring a different food truck chef every week this new concept in the former Graffiti Junktion space is finally open. Check out photos of their brunch items on our Instagram page.
- Last Day for Inside/Out Dreamers Mural was January 7 – The pro-Dreamers installation by a viral street artist got pressure washed off the wall when the owner decided they didn’t like it there.
- There are eight new hubs to catch a ride after the bars in Downtown Orlando – Avoid the mass exodus post-bar-hustle by arranging to hop in your ride share at one of these hot spots Downtown.
- Inhabit: Mayor Buddy Dyer at Dartmouth Park – The Mayor tells photographer David Lawrence why and where he loves shopping local and how much he likes hunting.
- Sticky Rice now open in Mills 50 – We’re still licking our fingers after eating their chicken last week.
- “Central Florida lawmakers are frustrated over the lack of housing as Puerto Rican evacuees arrive in Orlando daily.” – Orlando Weekly
- “John Young, astronaut who grew up in Orlando, dies at 87.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Sushi spot adding downtown Orlando restaurant.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Lake Alert: Poop overflowed into Park Lake.
- The Glass Knife has a $1 coffee special all January.
- Eden’s Fresh opening this week in College Park.
- “Orlando Meats provides a sanctum for the carnivore.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Impact of the arts in Winter Park.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Watermark’s 2018 WAVE Awards nomination round – VOTE NOW.” – Watermark
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday: UCF National Championship Block Party [Downtown]
- Tuesday: Comedy Showcase at the Starlite Room [Ivanhoe Village]
- Wednesday: Nerd Nite Orlando presents Space Nite 2018 [Winter Park]
- Friday: Sharon Louden Talk, Conversation and Book Signing [Ivanhoe Village]
- Saturday: Woodstock [Winter Park]
- Saturday: Central Florida Scottish Highland Games [Winter Springs]
- Sunday: April Fresh’s Comedy Brunch [Rock Springs]