SPONSORED by Art31: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
And be sure to pick up your issue of our February zine before the end of the month.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- The onePulse Foundation will start construction on their interim memorial in Downtown South on Febrary 26 (that’s today, y’all).
- Eyes on the Street: What’s up with those hoses and boxes at Ferncreek and Colonial?
- This yummy College Park restaurant is getting a new mural.
- Stir Restaurant is moving into the former Nova/Brian’s/Elliott’s space in Ivanhoe Village.
- Black Bean Deli is opening a new Winter Park location on North Orange.
- SunRail is running test trains on expanded tracks between Sand Lake Road and Poinciana.
- “‘Exodus’ from Puerto Rico: A visual guide.” – CNN
- “Pulse Nightclub survivors joined Parkland students in gun control efforts.” – Teen Vogue
- “Winter Park rallies residents to protect home rule.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “For years, media chased the clicks promised by Facebook; now the social media giant threatens to destroy them.” – Orlando Weekly
- “UCF shortlists presidential candidates to 4.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando City striker Dom Dwyer to miss season opener.” – ProSoccerUSA.com
- “Winter Park’s Mead Botanical Garden undergoes native-plant makeover.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Luxury apartments rise in downtown Orlando’s Ivanhoe Village.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Watermark selects 10 of the most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes in the Central Florida and Tampa Bay areas.” – Watermark
- “New Milk District venue, The Nook, opening soon.” – Bungalower
- “New exhibition celebrates 50 years of Orlando’s Pottery Studio.” – Bungalower
- “Pizza Bruno is relaunching their brunch.” – Bungalower
- “New Downtown food truck rally launching this week.” – Bungalower
- “Local quidditch team flying to Texas for nationals.” – Bungalower
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday: Women’s Bike Self-Defense Class (Parramore)
- Tuesday: Rethinking the City – Art and the City II (North Quarter)
- Wednesday: Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors (Parramore)
- Wednesday: Final Hamburger Mary’s Trivia (Church Street)
- Thursday: What’s Up Downtown – A Look into Downtown’s Past (Downtown)
- Friday: Culture Pop! Opening Art31:Fiber (Maitland)
- Friday: PechaKucha Night Orlando v22 (Downtown)