SPONSORED by Ivanhoe Park Brewing: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Rollins College is tearing down the historic Fred Stone Theatre building after deeming it unsafe for use.
- The Little Blue Donut Truck is opening their new Winter Park storefront this week.
- Road Alert: We broke down what’s happening with the Curry Ford road diet but people are still angry about it.
- Local filmmakers debuted a documentary on the first racially-integrated Little League game in the South at the Florida Film Festival. Be sure to check out the trailer.
- Imperial at Washburn Imports is opening a new location off Park Avenue in Winter Park.
- Re-Runz Records is moving off of Church Street.
- The new Greenery Creamery in the 420 building is selling that black ice cream that’s taking over your Instagram feed. And it’s vegan.
- “Away from the theme parks, Orlando area offers dining thrills.” – Chicago Tribune
- “Zillow jumps into home-buying and selling.” – Curbed
- “Walmart to spend $200M ramping up Florida stores, with an emphasis on Orlando.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “We wanted answers about Pulse. Instead, we were fed lies about Noor Salman.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Winter Park names Dan Hagedorn as new fire chief.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Winter Park Paint Out promises to capture beauty of local area.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Intersection: No silver bullet for citrus greening.” – WMFE
- “Orlando Magic fires coach, president says they’ll start looking for a replacement next week.” – WMFE
- “Central Florida 100: ‘Road diet’ foes take a swipe at bike lanes on Orlando’s Curry Ford.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Nominations now open for the 2018 Tour of Homes.” – Bungalower
- “Update on that speakeasy coffee shop in the Milk District.” – Bungalower
- “Mill Creek is buying into Creative Village.” – Bungalower
- “Social Enterprise Accelerator accepting applications for second cohort.” – Bungalower
- “New-build David Weekley Home in Winter Park asking $1,049,000.” – David Weekely Homes
- “Lancaster Park home asking $435,000.” – Mainframe Real Estate
- “Turn-key home in Lake Como asking $275,000.” – OneBlue Real Estate
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/16: Local Teaser Show – Orlando Fringe (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 4/18: 33rd Annual Taste of Winter Park (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 4/18: Beltaine 2018 – Florida Pagan Gathering (Lake Wales)
- Wednesday 4/18: Generosity (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 4/18: Urbanist Social Hour (College Park)
- Thursday 4/19: Spring Swap and Shop (Winter Park)
- Friday 4/20: 420 East Block Party (South Eola)
- Friday 4/20: A Decade of Dora Mae Jewelry (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 4/20: Earth Day Work Day (Downtown)