SPONSORED by Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
This week’s episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” did not air on Real Radio, because soccer. But don’t worry, you can still listen to the podcast HERE. WARNING – we like to cuss when we’re not on the radio.
Trying to figure out what to see at the Orlando International Fringe Theater Festival? Follow along with our reviews on Instagram, @orlandobungalower, to see what we think is hot and what’s not.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Beefy King is celebrating their 50th anniversary on June 2 with special discounts.
- A new wine and craft beer venue has opened on Virginia Drive by Ten 10 Brewing.
- The Orange County History Center has launched a new Summer Sunday matinee movie screening series of films that have something to do with the Sunshine State.
- Oblivion Taproom is going to close again. The final day is on May 26, so go get your tater tots now.
- Cool Job Alert: The City of Orlando is looking for a new Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator, which is basically like our editor job at Bungalower but with medical and a nice wage.
- New designs were released for the Lion’s Den development by the Stadium that include a rooftop bar.
- Here’s a round-up of all of the participating artists in this year’s Florida Prize exhibition at the Orlando Museum of Art.
- UCF students designed a solar-powered soccer ball for the Orlando City Stadium, called “Gyration.”
- “The Baldwin Park Publix Hasn’t Been Inspected by the State Since 2016.” – The Daily City
- “Colonial Lanes will close forever next week.” – Orlando Weekly
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “This school proves that universities can be bigger and better.” – GatesNotes
- “Manny’s Chophouse has opened in the former Baldwin Park Lago space.” – Bungalower
- “Learn how to drag your face at the OMA.” – Bungalower
- “Jeremiah’s Italian Ice opening College Park location by end of the month.” – Bungalower
- “How to drink local in Orlando area during American Craft Beer Week.” – ClickOrlando
- “Orlando to host 2022 Special Olympics USA Games.” – Fox35
- “How LYNX will provide last-mile solutions for SunRail’s new $189.9M southern leg.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Conversation with one of the guys behind If Orlando was a Movie.” – WMFE
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 5/22: Sandwich Eat-up – King Cajun Crawfish (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 5/22: Live Latin Music and Rhythms at Outdoor Stage (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 5/23: Art Night Out – The Art of Drag with Sorcha Mercy (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 5/23: Sunkissed – Looks Inspired by Summer (Mills 50)
- Thursday 5/24: Laughs on the Lawn – Free Comedy at Orlando Fringe (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 5/24: Scotch and Good Conversation at Redlight Redlight (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 5/24: Swamburger Day at Drunken Monkey (Milk District)
- Friday 5/25: Storytellers XVII – Est of the East Coast Tracks – Opening (Winter Park)