This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Listen to our 69th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, usually over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Our editor, Brendan O’Connor, now has a weekly segment on FOX 35’s Good Day Extra, appearing every Monday morning around 9:30 a.m. to break down the top stories of the week. Be sure to tune in!
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- That “KOBE Coming Soon” sign has finally been debunked, as we uncovered that Wawa looking to open a new gas station at the corner of Fern Creek and Colonial.
- Ask Bungalower: Where are the Amazon cameras in Orlando?
- The Orlando Ballet has submitted new designs for the overhaul of their home at the Loch Haven Neighborhood Center.
- Cafe Linger is now open in the former College Park NYPD Pizza building. Be sure to youse your Bungalower Bundle voucher if you visit this week.
- Businesses located in an Orlando Main Street District can now paint murals on the front of their buildings.
- The University Club has been greenlit to take over their new home in Modera Central and hopes to be open by this December.
- “Call to Artists: Ivanhoe Village is looking for talented artists to paint six of their utility boxes.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Magic hires Steve Clifford as head coach.” – MSN
- “Atlanta United responds to Orlando City Stadium ban.” – Dirty South Soccer
- “Orlando Pride’s Alex Morgan featured in new Maroon 5 video.” – Orlando Weekly
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- “Wedding Roundup: 19 venues in our Downtown coverage area where you can get hitched.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Operations Manager at WMFE.” – Bungalower
- “Don’t Stop the Music – With funding from the state dramatically slashed, how will Orlando arts groups keep going?” – Orlando Weekly
- “Matt Arnold named new principal of Winter Park High School.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Park Shore Townhomes ready for new residents in Winter Park.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “Wyndham Destinations confirms it will create global HQ, 200 jobs in Orlando.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Traveling Pulse Memorial comes back to Downtown Orlando.” – Bay News 9
- [PAYWALL] – “Developer Tim Majors buys Ivanhoe Village bldg to expand HQ, bar & lounge service.” – GrowthSpotter
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 6/5: Orlando Drink and Draw (College Park)
- Tuesday 6/5: Panel Discussion with Islamic Artists of Orlando (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 6/5: Understanding the Enemy – Florida’s Exotic Invasives (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 6/6: Florida Plants Sustainability Workshop (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 6/6: Global Running Day (Park Lake Highland)
- Wednesday 6/6: IDEAS For Us: 10 Years of Environmental Leadership (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 6/7: Grand Opening Party – Winter Park History Museum (Winter Park)
- Thursday 6/7: Springdale Green Spruce Up (Rock Lake)
- Friday 6/8: Anime Fun Shop’s 1-Year (Mills 50)
- Friday 6/8: Snap! Space presents: Couture Culture II (Mills 50)