In his State of the Downtown Address yesterday Mayor Dyer talked about the various projects underway or in development in downtown.
Specifically he mentioned that there are nine projects underway and six breaking ground within the next year.
We’ve written about most, but wanted to highlight the projects the Dyer was referring to as a good overview of the projects in downtown Orlando.
The 9 projects representing $1.27 billion in investment that are underway that will add 566 residential units, 119 hotel rooms, 18,300 square feed of retail space, 398,700 square feet in office space are:
- Sky House — The 23-story apartment building on Magnolia. Check out our story on the Sky House opening next month.
- NORA — A six-story, 245-unit apartment building on North Orange Ave (next to building that Citrus is in). It’s expected to open in late spring/early summer
- Aloft Hotel — Opening in a couple of weeks. Check out our story on the Aloft Hotel in Downtown Orlando.
- Church Street Streetscape — A project to beautify Church Street in Parramore from the Amway Center to the Citrus Bowl.
- LYMMO Expansion — East/West and soon to be Parramore BRT expansions. Read more on the East/West Expansion here and the new route names the mayor also announced here.
- Coalition for the Homeless Men’s Service Center — Two-story, residential facility will serve one of the most underserved segments of the homeless population: homeless men. It will replace the Men’s Pavilion and is expected to be operational in early 2014.
- Gertrude’s Walk – Pedestrian pathway/trail from Church Street to Washington Street. Phase II is Washington Street to Concord Street expected to be complete by 2015.
- Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center — New performing arts center on Orange Ave and South St. Bungalower coverage of DPAC.
- SunRail – Commuter rail system starting this spring with two downtown stations. Bungalower SunRail coverage.
The 6 project proposed to break ground in the next year which represent an additional $345 million will add more than 900 residential units, 260 hotel rooms and 35,000 square-feet of retail are:
- Central Station Development — The $200 million transit-oriented development located on Orange Ave across from the Orange County Court House is being completed in phases. It will eventually include apartments, retail, offices and a hotel. Click here for more information on the Central Station Development.
- 420 East Church Street — A proposed 9-story apartment building in Thornton Park to include ground floor retail. Click here for more information on 420 East Church Street.
- 800 North Orange Ave — A three-story office building that is being proposed next to Park North at Cheney Place Condominium.
- Citrus Bowl Reconstruction — Demolition and reconstruction of over 80% of the stadium starting in late January to be completed in 2015.
- Residence Inn — A proposed 130-room Marriott Residence Inn at Orange Ave and Colonial Dr. Click here for more information on the Residence Inn in downtown Orlando.
- The Sevens — A proposed seven and ten-story apartment building with ground floor retail space.