Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- Today is the first day where riders will have to pay on SunRail. This after over 17,000 trips were taken on last day of free service. Last week passengers were able to start purchasing SunRail Tickets and we put together a guide to help you figure out which one you should purchase. Bungalower was the first to report that SunRail had added a $0.50 ticket fee to all paper tickets. Once we started questioning this, SunRail sent us a note that they wont charge the $0.50 fee for first 90 days.
- Daisy Lynum was lauded at final Orlando City Council meeting.
- Orlando City Soccer unveiled a new logo and is in the process of promoting the new logo using downtown murals this, all while debate over murals in Orlando continues.
- Developers are hosting a meeting tonight about a new apartment building they want to build along Princeton St in College Park.
- We’ve learned new details on phase one of the Magic’s Sports and Entertainment District along Church Street next to the Away Center
- Back in April we told you about the newest Main Street that would be a digital main street, last week the Orlando City Council approved the new main street.
- We’ve been out enjoying the Orlando Fringe Festival all week and it continues this week.
- In one of those feel good stories, an Orlando Police Officer helped to save a life while visiting Washington D.C.
- Chicago’s Stuffed Pizza plans to open on Church Street in the old Eternal Tap space later this month.
- Everyone yelled (or typed) a big “Finally!” when we announced that Gringo’s Locos will open in Milk District this week.
Get our top ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.