Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- Orlando loses a red-light court case. The case only impacts those who were ticketed between September 1, 2008 and July 1, 2010 and in order to get your money back you needed to have “properly objected” to your ticket.
- The Orlando Orange County Expressway Authority agreed to spend $230 million on I-4/S.R. 408 exchange. That money along with $400 million from the state will go to fix the intersection when the rest of I-4 goes under construction next year as part of the Ultimate I-4 project.
- Church to fight city’s move to take land for soccer stadium. The city offered $1.5 million for the property, which is more than twice the appraised value, the church as asking for $35 million. The two got closer when the city offered $4 million and the church dropped to $15 million. A hearing is set for September
- Princeton Project heads to Planning Board for approval this week. A new 228 unit apartment complex in College Park is headed to the planing board this week for approval. The complex is on the island of Edgewater Drive, Princeton St and Smith St.
- Orlando City Soccer Unveils New Soccer Stadium Design. We got our first look at what the new soccer stadium will look like with the two renderings released last week and a list of details on the stadium.
- Proposed closure of Fern Creek Elementary prompts talk of race and segregation. The Weekly’s Billy Manes takes a look at the creation of two K-8 schools in the Bungalower area and the potential closing of Fern Creek Elementary School.
- Hertz relocates hourly carshare locations to improve visibility. The three new locations will each have one car and three of the existing locations now have on car instead of two.
- Cindy’s Tropical Cafe will be moving from Virginia Drive to Orange Ave in Health Village. They will expand their menu and hours and drop the word “tropical” from their name.
- Tasty Chomps stops by Kasa Tapas and Raw Bar and tries out their Quinoa Greek Salad
- They also stopped by Maxine’s On Shine where he found it “disappointing.”
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.