We’ve been telling you about the two new creative/tech co-working spaces that are in the works to open up Downtown.
Both are slated to open in the next couple of months and both are currently signing up members.
Canvs (Website | Facebook) is located on the first floor of the Church Street Exchange building. Catalyst (Website | Facebook) is on 5th floor of the historic Yowell-Duckworth Building at 1 South Orange Avenue.
The idea behind the spaces is to give independent entrepreneurs or small companies space to work without having to sign a long-term lease. In addition to desk space the members get access to internet, lounge areas, conference rooms, reception, printers and copiers depending on their level of membership.
Both centers want to be more than just an office space.
Canvs, a non-profit, hopes to provide programing and resources to help tech startups succeed in Orlando. Just today they announced partnerships with UCF and Rollins which will give Canvs members access to some of the resources available to UCF and Rollins students including UCF’s Venture Accelerator and Florida Angel Nexus. Their space totals 17,200 square feet. They have space for 164 entrepreneurs and they tell Bungalower they are nearly half full.
“Coworking spaces facilitate the transition from idea to investment-ready company, and many cities of Orlando’s size have multiple coworking spaces to help their entrepreneurs do just this,” Canvs Co-Founder Philip Holt told Bungalower.”Canvs looks to encourage and support more Orlandoans to take the jump and create new, innovative companies,” he added.
Catalyst is being created by Florida Venture Sourcing. Their other businesses include Venture Pitch Orlando and a website/newsletter focused on what’s happening in the Florida startup world. They also plan to use their space to host workshops and events for the startup community. They will have a coffee bar and lounge for their members which is being created by Verspr Coffee. The space is 7,000 square feet.
Monthly membership options range from a social memberships for people who want to take advantage of programing and work from the space on an irregular basis to dedicated offices.
Here’s a look at the membership rates for each space and their floor plan/layouts (click for larger image):
- Social Membership — Work in lounge areas with community WiFi access M-F 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. — $100/month
- Community Desk — Work at a community desk with community WiFi & ethernet access M-F 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. — $250/month
- Dedicated Desk — Work at a larger dedicated desk, private WiFi and ethernet, access to conference rooms and mail service, 24/7 access — $450/month (discounts for more than five desks)
- Dedicated Office — Work private office, private WiFi and ethernet, access to conference rooms and mail service, 24/7 access — $1,000/month
- Community Plan — 4 days/month of coworking with seating at the lounge, tables, and coffee bar — $99/month
- Coworker Plan — Daily coworking with seating at the lounge, tables, and coffee bar — $225/month
- Desk Membership Plan — Dedicated desk and small storage — $325/month
- Office Membership — Dedicated private, lockable, workspace — $425/month per desk in the office
- All plans include wireless internet, networked printer, scanner, fax, and copier and conference and meeting space.