Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- Red Lobster to move headquarters to Downtown Orlando. The recently split-off company will occupy space in the CNL Tower I. They will also add a culinary center on the first floor.
- Soccer stadium location moves, to break ground this fall. The City has dropped their eminent domain case and will instead move the stadium slightly west and use land the city purchased back from the BBIF originally part of the Carver Theater project.
- Questions on what happened to the BBIF money for Carver Theatre revamp. WFTV is asking questions about what happened to the money the City gave BBIF to rebuild the Carver Theater. The City will vote today on a payment plan for BBIF.
- Canvs coworking space at Church Street Exchange opens today. We’ll be working out of the new tech coworking space in the Church Street Exchange building starting today. And you can get a first look inside the new space by looking at our photo tour.
- State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating several fires in Thornton Park. Orlando firefighters were called to four fire house fires late Saturday night and Sunday morning in the Thornton Park area. Investigators think all of the fires could be the work of an arsonist. The homes were vacant.
- Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando reopens today.We told you about the three-week road closure of Orange Ave across from City Hall and the Dr. Phillips Center. The road in now re-open.
- Giraffas Brazilian quick-service restaurant opens in Mills Park. The new Brazilian restaurant serves a variety of latin american food options in a quick service style setting.
- Bowling alley and arcade opens at Fashion Square Mall. The new StrikeOuts Bowling Alley and Entertainment Center is located on the second floor of the mall next to Premiere Cinema 14. StrikeOuts features 12 lanes of bowling, a new arcade, shake shoppe and full-service bar.
- Dillard’s at Orlando Fashion Square to become clearance store. Signs at the store announce the upcoming change as well as the closing of the store’s second floor.
- RBARR closes in Milk District to become Southern Nights. The bar had just opened back in May but will now become Southern Nights which is the name of the bar the used to occupy the space two concepts ago.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.