Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- Ace Cafe entertainment and retail complex to open in Downtown Orlando. Be sure to checkout the latest renderings and video flythrough of the new petrol themed complex.
- City testing smart meters with pay by phone and credit card. The city received three bids for the new meters and a decision on which to use should be made soon with installation happening by the end of the year.
- Bungalower reader starts petition to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Orlando. The petition has gotten almost 600 more signatures since we first wrote about it last week.
- What’s next for Tinker Field? City can’t decide. The City Council delayed a decision on what parts of the field deserve protection. The field is in the way of the reconstruction of the Citrus Bowl.
- New details on apartment complex planned for Fashion Square Mall area. The 250-unit apartment complex will sit along the Cady Way Trail.
- Multi-Agency Arson Task Force looks into downtown fires. Since April there have been 16 fires in the downtown area and more in other Central Florida cities.
- Mills Park shopping plaza filling up with AT&T, pharmacy and women’s gym. The new shopping center continues to fill up with only a few built out spots left.
- Pig strolls daily through downtown Orlando. Meet the pet that’s been making people turn their heads as his owner walks him around the neighborhood.
- Cindy’s Cafe opens in Health Village / Ivanhoe Village. The Cuban cafe has moved from their Virginia Ave location to this new location across from the hospital.
- Scott Joseph stops in at Trevi Pasta and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. And Ricky Ly of Tasty Chomps checks out Sunday Brunch a Txokos Basque Kitchen.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.