Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news.
- Downtown Orlando Amtrak station to get $2.1 million face-lift. The face-lift will be all exterior improvements on the historic 1926 building owned by the state and leased by Amtrak. Renovations begin next month.
- Hyatt Place Hotel planned for Downtown Orlando. A Hyatt Place hotel is the latest hotel being planned in Downtown Orlando. This hotel would sit in between the Church Street complex and I-4 along Garland Ave. The southbound SunRail station could move to this location.
- New renderings of Lexington Court apartments being built downtown. We’ve got another look at the renderings for the apartment complex being built just west of I4 near the old Amway Arena site.
- Elliott’s Public House in Ivanhoe Village opens in former Brian’s location. The new neighborhood restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They will soon be taking over the former NORA’s space.
- Chicago’s Stuffed Pizza opens in Church Street District. The new pizza place takes over the former Eternal Tap space. They offer delivery and takeout and will soon have a full bar.
- Two new restaurants coming soon to the Bungalower area Spice Burgr plans to open in the Chase Plaza downtown and Mamak Asian Street Food will open in Mills 50.
- Christo’s Cafe reopens after renovations. The College Park diner was closed for almost four weeks but has now re-opened. The improvements are all cosmetic as the menu and food will stay the same.
- Horsepower Bar and Grill in Chase Plaza closes. The owners tell Bungalower they plan to find a new location soon.
- Orlando Culture Shock stops in at the The Hideaway Bar in Ivanhoe Village and the Orlando Weekly questions if Mingos in the Thornton Park District can make it in that hard-to-please corner.
- This is the last week to get the September Bungalower Bundle with deals and gift certificates at K Restaurant, CityFish, Lucky Lure and Retromended Vintage. Learn more join today!
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.