Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news. Sponsored by Olde Town Brokers.
- Elan Audubon Park apartments begin construction. The apartment complex behind the Target on Colonial Dr will add 450 units in twelve different buildings. The apartments are scheduled to open Fall 2015.
- Dr. Phillips Center poised to change face of Orlando. The new center is set to have their ribbon cutting and grand opening this week. We’ll be giving you a photo tour of the new center later this week.
- Ivy Residences at Health Village now open. The 248-unit apartment complex is the first residential building in Florida Hospital’s Health Village. Be sure to checkout our photo tour of the new apartments.
- The Princeton developer scales back project to comply with Vision Plan. Based on the request from City Council the developer has changed how high the building is in the middle of the project and therefore reduced the number of units to 206. The project will go before City Council today for its final reading.
- The Peacock Room bar in Mills 50 closes. We’ve heard they had sold their liquor license. No word yet on what will take their place.
- Downtown Orlando streets could be reworked to slow traffic, encourage walking and biking. Recommendations from Project DTO could include removing some/all one-way streets, reducing lanes on some streets and closing more streets for pedestrians.
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice to open in Downtown South. They have already begun work on the empty building. The location will include a drive-through and outside eating are.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Opens at Fashion Square Mall. The new 50,000 square foot store is the latest tenant for the Fashion Square Mall site.
- OUC launches PSA and website to encourage residents to report streetlight outages. The website allows you to report the streetlight outages online via your phone or desktop computer.
- Scott Joseph reviews Nikki’s Place in the Parramore district. He says it’s a comfortable and familiar place for a meal of simple but good food.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.