The Orlando Citrus Bowl officially opened today.
Key features of the new Orlando Citrus Bowl include:
- Capacity of 65,000 for sporting events, 75,000 for non-sporting events
- More than 41,000 new lower bowl seats, each with chair backs and six more inches of legroom
- Two wide concourses that connect throughout the whole stadium
- 20,000-square-foot plaza deck in the north end zone that can be used for concerts or fan party area
- Multiple large-scale video displays
- Game day favorite concessions with healthy and gluten-free options
- New, larger team facilities and locker rooms with dedicated spaces for coaches, equipment, trainers, cheerleaders and officials with an attached media room
While workers were finishing up when we walked through we were assured that the stadium will be ready for this weekend’s Florida Blue Florida Classic game.
The only areas that won’t be ready are the club areas and the kitchens for the two bigger concessions. Those areas will be ready in time for the bowl games.
Here’s a look at the new Orlando Citrus Bowl: