Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news. Sponsored by Olde Town Brokers.
- SunRail began its late night service last week and also announced free limited service on New Year’s Day for the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl game.
- The Citrus Bowl Parade is happening on Tuesday at 10am in Downtown Orlando. Information on the route, road closings, and parking can be found on the Florida Citrus Parade website.
- Orlando runners’ routes were visualized using app data from RunKeeper and mapping service Mapbox. The brightest routes represent Orlando’s most popular running areas.
- Photo Tour: Trend Studios relocates to Church Street Exchange Building. The salon’s former location was bought by Orlando Weekly’s parent company, Euclid Media Group.
- Ahead of the New Year, the Orlando Weekly released their Drink Issue for 2014. It outlines the best watering holes Orlando has to offer.
- President of Orlando City Soccer Phil Rawlins announced that the downtown soccer stadium has received two important approvals from the City’s Municipal Planning Board and Appearance Review Board.
- Demolition started on one of Orlando Health’s properties near Lake Lucerne. The area is part of Phase One for the mixed-use Lucerne Promenade planned for Downtown South.
- Orlando Sentinel’s Heather McPherson reflects on “a year of good food.” She highlights East End Market’s Kappo Japanese shop and Txokos Basque Kitchen which opened earlier this year.
- Blue Bird Bake Shop introduced new holiday cupcake flavors this season. Tasty Chomps checked out the treats last week including the Gingerbread, Peppermint Bark, Candy Cane, Orange Cranberry, Chocolate Rum Ball, and Rum Raisin cupcakes.
- January Bungalower Bundle: Deals at Artisans Table, Homegrown Co-op, Flame Broiler, and Sideshow. It’s not too late to give the Bungalower Bundle as a gift! Sign up by December 31 to receive January’s bundle. Kickoff 2015 with $10 for dinner at Artisan’s Table, a free year-long membership at Homegrown Co-op with $5 off the first purchase, a free mini-bowl and drink at Flame Broiler, and a free shot from the shot wheel at Sideshow. Get a single month’s Bundle for $9.95 or give a gift starting at $29.95.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.