Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week in Downtown Orlando area news. Sponsored by Olde Town Brokers.
- Happy New Year! The Downtown Orlando Bucket List features 15 things to do in 2015. Make it your resolution to explore more of Orlando this year.
- Mayor Buddy Dyer will be officiating the Vowed and Proud wedding ceremony at City Hall tomorrow. January 6, 2015 marks the first day that marriage will be legally recognized for same-sex couples in the Florida.
- Orlando Bike Share begins installing stations. The system will open at the ribbon cutting this Friday. More stations and bikes are planned for installation throughout the spring.
- New billboards are up to remind drivers that I-4 Ultimate will begin construction next month. The $2.3 billion project is expected to be completed in 6 years.
- Starter Studio begins its third class today at Canvs. The 3 month tech-focused business accelerator has weekly events open to the public.
- The Mills 50 area is getting a new mural at Orange Studio. The new piece by Boy Kong with Art Reach Orlando will be installed on January 7 and unveiled on January 11.
- Five mixed-use projects we’ll be watching in 2015. They are currently at various stages of planning, construction, or leasing. We anticipate major updates on these projects in 2015.
- Interested in driving less in 2015? Here are four new transportation options that came to downtown Orlando in 2014.
- Three of the most talked about opening announcements of the year. The rankings were based on popularity with Bungalower readers.
- Did you know you can purchase packaged alcohol in two of your favorite neighborhoods? Check out these two local businesses for your libations.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.