Local produce super stars, My Yard Farm (Facebook |Website) made a name for themselves by designing edible gardens and landscaping for private and public spaces all over Central Florida. One of their more notable projects being the raised beds at East End Market and Whisper Creek Farms.
They found even more success in growing micro-greens (basically baby lettuces that get harvested before they learn to walk) for local restaurants like Ravenous Pig, Primo, and Skyebird.
Now they’re launching a new initiative called MyFoodBoxes – a direct to consumer service that brings a selection of seasonal, local food to the customer’s doorstep. The boxes will feature in-season products grown and produced in Central Florida like fresh produce, raw dairy and grass fed beef.
Each of the producers will be curated by the My Yard Farm team with farm and facility visits to assure high quality products.
The boxes can be delivered to your home, office picked up at their warehouse location [Gmap], on a weekly basis.
Items in a previous box included things like:
- Butter Bibb Lettuce
- Assorted Local Seasonal Produce: Heirloom Tomatoes, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Sweet Cubanelle Peppers, Cucumbers, Strawberry Onion (5 lbs of bulk local produce)
- My Yard Farm Micro Greens Mix Bag – 4 Oz
- Lake Meadow Naturals Farm Eggs (No Antibiotics or Hormones – Vegetarian Fed)
- Grass Fed Raw Milk 1/2 Gallon – Natural Springs Dairy (Pet Consumption Only)
- Grass Fed Raw Butter – Natural Springs Dairy
- White Oak Farms – Grass Fed Beef 90-10 Lean Ground Beef
Prices range anywhere from $60 to $95 a box.
To learn more about MyFoodBoxes, click HERE.