The Ballet has announced its 2015/2016 season lineup, at its new home, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in the Walt Disney Theater.
This will be the first time that each of the Ballet’s performances will feature live music at every production, in partnership with Central Florida Community Arts and the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
The 2015/2016 season includes:
- Giselle, a story of unrequited love, remorse and forgiveness at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, October 30-November 1, 2015, with live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
- February 5-7, 2016 will feature a world premiere work by Robert Hill, The Firebird, a fairy tale ballet set to the concert work by composer Igor Stravinsky and To Familiar Spaces in Dream, an original work by 2014 Bessie Award winner and Manchester Theatre Award nominee Jessica Lang. The Firebird will be performed with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Don Quixote staged by American Ballet Theatre’s Susan Jones, inspired by Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorsky, with musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will be performed March 18-20, 2016.
- World Premiere of Arcadian Broad’s full production of Beauty & the Beast, April 29-May 1, 2016. This will be the first collaboration between Orlando Ballet and Central Florida Community Arts.
- Finally, back by popular demand as an optional purchase with your subscription, is the omnipresent The Nutcracker, with live musical accompaniment by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra at all performances on December 17-20.
To purchase your season subscription call 407-426-1739.
You may also complete the 2015-16 New Subscriber Order Form and mail it Orlando Ballet Subscriptions, 415 E. Princeton, Orlando, FL 32804