The City of Winter Park is looking for a Planner I, under the supervision of the Planning and Community Development Director.
This position will perform professional work in urban planning requiring judgment and planning knowledge in working with the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code, Redevelopment Plans and State Statutes. Work is reviewed through observation and written reports for adherence to established policies and procedures.
Salary range is $45,442-$68,163.
Job duties include:
- Review and evaluate plans and proposals prepared by outside agencies and develop recommendations regarding their soundness and relevance to municipal needs and plans.
- Collect and compile information relative to planning issues such as land use, zoning, community/economic development, growth management, urban design, transportation, housing, annexations, redevelopment etc.
- Conduct field surveys to take photographs and gather information for site plans; prepare pictorial and graphic presentations to be used for planning proposals.
- Participate in meetings and public hearings to discuss plans recommendations.
- Assist citizens and property owners in land development matters pursuant to the codes of the City.
- Monitor, review and analyze annexation impacts, and assist with identification of areas appropriate for annexation.
- Analyze growth management and service impacts of future annexations.
- Utilize the GIS database and incorporate the GIS system for any department use.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in planning and/or growth management, urban design, community planning, public administration and at least one year experience in a planning or growth management position.
Employees in this position are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-700 within 30 days of employment and the ICS-100 within 60 days of employment.
To see the full job description, click HERE.