We have a number of cool job opportunities that showed up on our radar this week. Downtown South is hiring a Marketing Coordinator as well as a new Executive Director, and Canvs in the Church Street Exchange is looking for a Membership Manager.
Downtown South is currently searching for an Executive Director. This role will be responsible for managing the Downtown South Main Street district, as well as the Neighborhood Improvement District (DSNID). S
The Executive Director will works regularly with the Main Street Board of Directors, DSNID Advisory Council, working committee members and general membership. The Executive Director will manage one coordinator. Interns may be hired, as long as the Executive Director can manage the team. Executive
The role is a full time salaried position and may include after business hour work that may include event execution, meetings, etc. Besides regular business hours, the Executive Director is expected to attend before/after hours and weekend meetings and events.
Downtown South Main Street District is looking for a part-time Marketing Coordinator. Candidates must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Administrative membership management through use of membership software. Must be willing and able to learn new software. Must also be able to interface with members in-person, through emails, and on the phone.
- Social media updates through a number of different platforms. Must be able schedule updates and be familiar with Downtown South initiatives that need to be promoted.
- Work with committees to produce community events.
- Must be able to execute grass roots marketing efforts such as weekly e-blasts, some graphic design, research, etc.
Canvs, the coworking hotspot in the Church Street Exchange, has an immediate opening for a new Membership Manager. The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Cavns, as well as recruiting, screening and onboarding new members/coworkers.
They are also responsible for the following duties:
- Acting as tour guide to prospective members and visitors.
- Coordinating intern projects.
- Updating the main website and other sites with information on meetups.
- Fielding membership inquiries.
- Completing basic clerical tasks.
- Keeping kitchen stocked and conference rooms in working order.