Orlando speaks is a series of interactive workshops meant to foster citizen engagement and conversations between residents, the City, and the OPD.
The event will be held Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at Howard Middle School [GMap].
- Create a safe space for open, honest communication
- Increase awareness and understanding of policing practices
- Strengthen interpersonal relationships through the sharing of personal stories and experiences
- Develop trust and sensitivity to support interactions with one another
- Expand citizen engagement
The Orlando Weekly wrote about the series HERE in more depth.