This weekly update covers the latest news and events in Orlando’s startup and technology community, as told by the Orlando Tech Association. The following is taken from their weekly newsletter.
This Week’s Headlines
Hack The Arena is just 2 weeks away! Join Orlando’s first Sports Hackathon hosted in partnership with the Orlando Magic and Solar Bears. Form the best team to reimagine fan engagement, virtual reality, data & analytics, gamification and more.
- Health tech investment growing in Central Florida – Orlando Sentinel
- Silicon Alley Closes 2015 On Top In A Boom Year For Startups – Forbes
- Local career expo to help close Orlando’s tech talent gap – Orlando Business Journal
- Orlando firm on the leading edge of car-tech surge – Orlando Sentinel
- FanDuel laying off 55 workers in Maitland – Orlando Business Journal
Orlando Tech is a community-built organization, and the nation’s only Tech Main Street, that connects, promotes and fosters the growth of technology companies in Orlando. For more information visit orlandotech.org