The owner of Murphy Bed Center is requesting seven variances to bring the 530-538 N. Bumby lot [GMap] up to code for a new furniture store.
The vacant two-story building had been on the market for a number of months following the closure of an art gallery/framing shop that had been operating there. The new owner is renovating the 8,096 SF property and is applying for the following variances:
- Design Variance to allow them to keep an existing pole sign.
- Variance of 9% to allow for more impervious service than is allowed in the current zoning district.
- Variance of one parking space, as a minimum of 13 parking spaces is required for the SF of the building but only 12 are available.
- Variance to wave required landscape buffers.
- Design Variance to keep parking and drive aisles in the front of the building.
- Design Variance to keep existing front setback of 34 feet instead of the required maximum 15 foot setback allowance.