SPONSORED: Jessica Pawli of the Southern Fried Sunday event series and WPRK’s State of the Scene radio show is the Outdoor Stage Producer at this year’s Orlando Fringe Theater Festival in Loch Haven Park. She has compiled two weeks of free outdoor entertainment on the WPRK Outdoor Stage in the middle of the fest’s “Green Lawn of Fabulousness” (the beer and food garden at the center of the park).
No Fringe button is required to enter the beer garden and all ages are welcome, but after 8 p.m. some shows (and festival attendees) may not be family friendly.
Outdoor Stage entertainment begins on Thursday, May 19 and runs through Memorial Day on Monday, May 30.
The current schedule includes:
- Thursday May 19th Opening Night Outdoor Stage Kick-Off Performance featuring the Orlando Gay Chorus,
the first ever Bikini Katie Variety Hour, and a performance by Beebs and Her Money Makers.
- Friday May 20th The Leisure Chief Hip Hop Showcase featuring live MC’s, DJ’s, art and break dancing.
- Saturday May 21st Swamp Sista La La at Fringe featuring Beth McKee, the Sh-Booms, Hannah Harber and the Lionhearts, Sarah Mac Band, TKO Music, the Hummingbirds, Ella Jet Music, the Swamp Sista Songwriting Circle.
- Sunday May 22nd Orlando Fringe Literary Celebration featuring events driven by the art of the spoken word:The Fringe Poetry Smackdown, the Annual Fringe Toast-Off, Orlando Story Club, and Orlando Cringe.
- Monday May 23rd Jazz Comes to Orlando Fringe with Absinthe Jazz Trio, the Chris Charles Trio starring Sarah and Marco and Robotman.
- Tuesday May 24th Comedy at Orlando Fringe featuring Ross McCoy and the Tumbleweed Comedy Tour, the Fringe Haiku Battle, and Live Lewd Girls.
- Wednesday May 25th Shows I Go To and The Vinyl Warhol present the best in the indie scene to Orlando Fringe with sets by Pathos, Pathos, Renee Is A Zombie, Zap Dragon and The Attack, Gary Laser Eyes, Silent War.
- Thursday May 26th The Life’s a Gift Comedy Game Show hosted by Alex Luchun and Larry Fulford.
- Friday May 27th Body//Talk at Orlando Fringe Festival. Join in with one of Orlando’s most popular monthly dance parties as they bring their bands, DJs and inclusive energy to Fringe. Featuring Bike Weak, Evil Virgins, the Welziens, Slumberjack, and DJ Phil Santos.
- Saturday May 28th Fringe Jambando starring Central Florida’s top rock, funk, jazz, soul, and jam bands for one night only. Some of the acts performing include Eugene Snowden, Drew Yardis, Bluelegs, funkUs, and Kaleigh Baker.
- Sunday May 29th Southern Fried Sunday at Fringe featuring Laney Jones and the Spirits, Dirty Rotten Snake in the Grass (from New Orleans), The Mud Flappers, the Actomatics, Oak Hill Drifters, Beemo, and Crenshaw.
- Monday May 30th Superheros of Fringe Day with music celebrating super hero and comic book culture starring Marc With A C, Milk Carton Superstars, Rasberry Pie and a two hour interactive Fringeoke party. followed by the Fringe Fabby Awards and the Closing Ceremony, celebrating the best of the Orlando Fringe.
To keep updated with any changes in the schedule, click HERE.