The third Florida Local Food Summit (Facebook | Website) will be held September 8-10 in Orlando’s Audubon Park Garden District.
The Summit functions as a state-wide organic farming conference with workshops, farm tours, and speakers scheduled throughout the three day event.
The current schedule is as follows:
Industry-focused farm tours through Central Florida; Free.
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Florida Local Food Summit: Industry Track; $50 per person (includes breakfast and lunch) – East End Market and other locations in Audubon Park.
- 5:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker: Will Harris of White Oak Pastures; Free, open to public at East End Market
- 6 p.m. Feed the Farmers BBQ Dinner; $20 Per Plate, open to the public. Live Music at East End Market
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Organic Gardening, Cooking and Food Preservation Classes; Free
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Grower’s Festival; Selling all the starters, tools and amendments for Organic Growing. At Stardust and East End Market; Free, includes food trucks serving local food.