The fourteenth Grandma Party Bazaar (Facebook | Twitter | Website) at Stardust Video and Coffee in Audubon Park [GMap] is now accepting vendor applications for the 2016 event. Last year we found local artist Jen Jedlicka selling her Orlando coloring books at the Bazaar and fell in love with her work. More on that HERE.
The juried craft fair is one of the most popular shopping events in Orlando every December, featuring some of the best makers in the region, from 10 a.m. to sundown. This year’s event will take place on Sunday, December 18.
Vendors are asked to submit their application to [email protected] by midnight on August 22. It costs $40 to apply, with payments being accepted at Stardust Video and Coffee.
Application instructions and guidelines, as seen on the event’s Facebook page, are as follows:
- All vendors (for the most part, see below) MUST be selling handcrafted items. This can be anything you want as long as you MAKE it. Or if your friends make it, that’s ok too.
*Your old stuff (old clothes, books, movies, etc…) is NOT allowed UNLESS it has been artistically altered. If you have old stuff that you are looking to get rid of donate it or have a yard sale.
*Interactive booths are highly encouraged. At past bazaars this has included the photo booth, songs while you wait, YouTube video upload booth, tarot, henna, massage, etc.
*Sharing a booth with a friend is also encouraged. Those booths are big, so multiple vendors are a great way to fill that space and offer more to Grannies customers. You can split the vendor fee this way. Let Grandma know when you apply if you have a roomie in mind.
- I want to make it very clear: Non-handmade items are not welcome at the bazaar. Not in any capacity at any booth. The only exception is vintage clothing, and even that will only be accepted in limited quantities.
- Due to limited space and because Grandma wants to keep it fresh, vendors shouldn’t expect to be grand-mothered in. Being a loved vendor or Grandma’s past does not mean you will automatically get in. More and more applications come in every year, and there is a lot of talent in our town! Submit your best stuff to catch Granny’s attention and she’ll be in touch.
- Your application must be representative of what you intend to sell at your booth.
- Your application MUST include:
– your business name (or names if you are sharing a booth)
– your name (and the names of anyone else at your booth)
– a primary contact phone number – a primary contact email address
– any links to your businesses web presence (website, etsy, etc…)
– a brief written description
– 3-5 images of what you will be selling/doing at your booth
– answer to the question: why do you want to be a part of Grandma Party Bazaar?
– any additional cool secrets you want to tell us