The historic Hanson Building at 27 East Pine Street [GMap] downtown, is up for sale.
According to the listing on LoopNet (HERE) the three-story, 1,700 SF building that houses Hanson’s Shoe Repair is on the market for $685,000. The current bars, Hanson’s Shoe Repair and Bauhaus, are tenants of the building and pay rent. They are not for sale.
The building was built in 1883 by Andrew Hanson, who simply purchased an alleyway and bricked it in. The Hanson building is also known as the first to have an electric sign in Orlando. Hanson was not Andrew’s real last name. He assumed the last name of his wife when he ran away from military service in his home country of Denmark and relocated here.