PHOTO VIA GEYSEROFAWESOME.COM
The City of Orlando is seeking local fashion designers and artists to create fashionable looks made from materials that would otherwise be headed to the landfill or recycling facility. The designs will be featured at the Trash 2 Trends runway event, a fundraiser for Keep Orlando Beautiful.
A panel of local celebrity judges will choose winners in five different categories: Top Design, Avante Garde, Most Ready to Wear, Best Use of Materials and Audience Choice.
The event will take place on Saturday, February 4, 2017 but applications are due Friday, November 4, 2016.
More information will be provided upon artist selection.
- Be wildly creative. Make wearable fashion from discarded items. Stretch your thinking about how fashion can be more sustainable.
- Materials must be “trash” items headed to the landfill or recycling facility, but think outside the bin and repurpose items that have little use.
- Binding techniques such as sewing, glue, tape and wire are allowed.
- Materials can be written on, printed on, painted on, dyed, manipulated, etc.
- Zippers, buttons, fasteners are permitted.
- If your fashion includes accessories (bags, hats, belts, etc.) they must follow the guidelines as well.
- Consider the “wearability” of your look when a model is wearing it and walking down a runway.
Go to cityoforlando.net/kob for an online application, rules/guidelines, requirements and more information on Keep Orlando Beautiful and the Trash2Trends fashion show. If you have any questions or need more information, contact Keep Orlando Beautiful Coordinator Jody Buyas at 407.246.2752 or at [email protected].