SPONSORED: Conducted by John V. Sinclair, the Society’s Artistic Director, the esteemed ensembles offer Puccini, Moravec, & Saint-Saëns on Saturday, October 22 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, October 23 at 3 p.m. at the Knowles Memorial Chapel, at Rollins College.
Tickets start at $25 and are available for purchase HERE.
ON THE PROGRAM
- Giacomo Puccini Messa di Gloria, a choral work from the pen of a 20-year old Puccini, one of the most renowned opera composers.
- Paul Moravec Three pieces from Paul Moravec, who wrote Music, Awake! which the Society premiered earlier this year. Moravec is a prolific Pulitzer Prize-winning composer whose music has been described as “tuneful, ebullient and wonderfully energetic” (San Francisco Chronicle), “riveting and fascinating” (NPR
- Light Shall Lift Us A new piece written in response to the Pulse shootings.
- A Spirit of Power A commission by the Moravian Music Foundation, first major performance in nearly 20 years.
- I Will Fear No Evil A setting of Psalm 23
- Camille Saint-Saëns Symphony No. 3 (Organ) These performances feature star organist Ken Cowan.