The new phase of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, the construction of Steinmetz Hall, is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Monday, March 6.
Steinmetz Hall will be a 1,700 three-tier acoustical hall featuring a moving shell and towers that will allow the stage to hydraulically become longer or shorter, depending on the performance.
The total cost of the project is estimated to be $237.5M.
The groundbreaking will include speeches from the the following:
- Jim Pugh, Chairman, Board of Directors, Dr. Phillips Center
- Ken Robinson, Director, President & CEO, Dr. Phillips Charities
- Chuck Steinmetz and Margery Pabst-Steinmetz, Major Donors, Dr. Phillips Center
- Joyce and Judson Green, Major Donors, Dr. Phillips Center
- The Honorable Buddy Dyer, Mayor, City of Orlando
- The Honorable Teresa Jacobs, Mayor, Orange County
- Peter Kacheris, Executive Board Leadership with Tourist Development Council, Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association and Visit Orlando
- Kathy Ramsberger, President & CEO, Dr. Phillips Center
There will be a series of pop-up performances from local arts groups and food trucks offering lunch for purchase on Seneff Arts Plaza.
- 11:30 – 11:43 a.m. Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- 11:45 – 11:58 a.m. Encore! Cast Performing Arts
- Noon – 12:13 p.m. Orlando Ballet
- 12:15 – 12:28 p.m Cultural Fusion
- 12:30 – 12:58 p.m. Opera Orlando
- 1:00 – 1:13 p.m. Central Florida Community Arts
- 1:15 – 1:30 p.m. University of Central Florida Drumming Group