Here’s our rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news. We’ve also started including some of the headlines you may have skipped as well.
Stay in the know Orlando.
Also, be sure to listen to our latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus, HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES OF THE WEEK:
- Eyes on the Street: Burton’s Bar and Grill has closed their Thornton Park location.
- Event posters for Vain Nightclub have caused an uproar in Mills 50.
- Dr. Green Relief wants to help people get their medical marijuana cards.
- House of the Day: Beautiful home with front yard access to the Orlando Urban Wetlands is asking under $250,000.
- More improvements expected for Lake Druid Park.
- Orlando Soup micro-funding dinner is back and taking speaker submissions.
- New traffic light to be installed at Alden Road and Virginia Drive.
- “SunRail ticket revenue is less than ticketing expense.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “City of Orlando Water Reuse Program pushes back against projected future shortages.” – Orlando Political Observer
- “Ignore the Mouse. Eat the artisanal cheese.” – Boston Globe
ICYMI: Here are a number of Bungalower articles from last week that you may have missed:
- Townie Tourist in South Eola: Baoery to Snap! Downtown.
- Watch our video of the scene all around the stadium before Orlando City Soccer’s first game in their new home.
- Curb Alert: Free Craigslist chicken coop.
- Spacebar is doing some fundraising to pay rent and get back into their Milk District home.
- Submissions are now open for Florida Theatrical Association’s Musical Workshop series.
- Guest Column: 11 Questions with Julio Lima from Say It Loud!