In a recent post on Insomniac, Electric Daisy Carnival’s arts and culture blog, the traveling thump-thumpa fest profiled all of the hottest spots that festival-goers should check out while in town. Last year’s event brought approximately 75,000 attendees to Downtown Orlando.
Highlights from their neighborhood spotlight include:
Mills 50 District, “Where Orlando’s freak flag flies with pride.”
- Florida Prize exhibition at the Orlando Museum of Art
- Little Vietnam restaurants like Vietnam Cuisine and Lac Viet alongside Tako Cheena, Black Rooster Taqueria and King Bao.
- Will’s Pub and “OG all-day dive bar Wally’s.”
Audubon Park, “Garden District gone hip.”
- Leu Gardens
- Park Ave CDs
- Stardust Video and Coffee
Ivanhoe Village, “… lake-life par excellence.”
- Lifetime #ivanhoodrats Boom-Art and Rock and Roll Heaven
- White Wolf Cafe, Greek Corner, and Backhaus
- The Hammered Lam and Imperial at Washburn Imports
Winter Park, “… playground for the upper-crust.”
- Central Park
- Ethos Vegan Kitchen and Hunger Street Tacos
- Winter Park Farmers’ Market
Thornton Park, ” … top choice for a daytime stroll or sit.”
- Graffiti Junktion
- Soco and Muddy Waters
- Orlando Farmer’s Market
- Passing reference to SoDo District and Pulse
Milk District, “…one of the last bastions of the one-global Orlando house music scene …”
- Southern Nights and Sandwich Bar
- Etoile Boutique
- Spacebar and Tretro Records
- Market on South, Beefy King, and Pom Pom’s
Click HERE to see the entire write-up.
Electric Daisy Carnival is scheduled to return to Tinker Field November 10-11. Tickets are on sale HERE. This year’s lineup includes artists like Sikdope, Galantis, Latmun, Diplo Armin van Buuren, Zedd, Gareth Emery, and more.