SPONSORED by the Mennello Museum’s Yoga in the Sculpture Garden: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday. Also, be sure to pick up our latest issue of our zine!
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Our latest episode of Orlando Food Truck Guide is up! Get to know the adorable couple behind the Treehouse Truck and watch our editor eat a fish sandwich. Sorry, not sorry.
- The Holocaust Center is moving into the old Chamber of Commerce building and tossing in another $20 million dollars of much-needed updates and additions.
- Metroplan Orlando has released their design concepts for Corrine Drive and they want your feedback. Baldwin Park residents are making their voices heard, but Audubon Parkers need to chime in too. Speak now or forever hold your piece … of asphalt because that’s all that will be left of that road soon if we don’t fix it up.
- The Copper Rocket is relaunching just in time for the Super Bowl and they’ve got a lot of televisions for the sportsball watcher in your life.
- The folks at Thornton Park Main Street are looking for artists to paint the bottom level of the Thornton Park Central Garage.
- Winter Park planted their new Christmas Tree, so now you can stop talking about their LED installation.
- Tin and Taco is opening a new location in SODO and we don’t even care about Peak Taco anymore.
- “Orlando technology event connecting companies draws criticism.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Winter Park Biscuit Co. popping up at East End Market serving vegan breakfast.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Winter Park’s Bonnier Corp. to stop printing 5 magazines, cut 70 jobs.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Check out this awesome mini-doc on lawn mower racing.
- Get your hubby this “stealth camper” for Valentine’s Day.
- Here’s a first look at the new Chela Tequila and Tacos menu.
- Downtown Credo is closing their Church Street Station location this week.
- “First show at Orlando’s new Blackstar complex announced.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Voodoo Doughnut opening at Universal CityWalk this spring.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Updated: Is The Pie Packing Out?” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Paul Bocuse is Dead at 91.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Florida House candidate Anna Eskamani makes TIME magazine cover.” – Watermark
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday: Beer, Burgers, and Burlesque (Colonialtown)
- Monday: Mixer Sisters Takeover Guesthouse (Mills 50)
- Tuesday: Chela Tequila Grand Opening (Downtown)
- Wednesday: Urbanist Social Hour (Thornton Park)
- Friday: Barks, Bubbles, and Brews (College Park)
- Friday: January Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)