This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Be sure to vote for us in Watermark‘s 2018 WAVE Awards for Favorite Local LGBTQ (Friendly) Website and our editor for Favorite Local LGBTQ (Friendly) Artist or Photographer.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- SPONSORED – House of the Day: Chicken farmer’s dream home in Fairvilla asking $360,000.
- SPONSORED – House of the Day: South Fern Creek home wants $265,000 – SOLD
- Orlando Food Truck Guide is live and all about our friends at Little Blue Donut Co.
- The owner of the Rogers Building (that big beautiful green one at Pine and Magnolia) has donated it to the City of Orlando.
- The Foxtail crew just announced the opening date for their Foxtail Farmhouse space in Winter Park.
- We know Orlando didn’t win the HQ2 bid, but let’s talk about how we can help Miami stay in the running.
- Rob Bair, owner of Tin and Taco, told us where he’s opening his second location in SODO.
- Inhabit: Martin Snellgrove and Linda Updike at Wally’s Liquors.
- “Even Breathing Is A Risk In One Of Orlando’s Poorest Neighborhoods.” – HuffPost
- “Here are changes planned for UCF’s downtown and Lake Nona campuses (RENDERINGS).” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Tickets are now on sale for Keep Orlando Beautiful’s Trash 2 Trends runway show.
- Carmine Oddities Boutique is moving.
- The Junior League of Orlando is closing their Bargain Box Thrift Store.
- Ask Bungalower: What is this behind King Bao?
- Neighborhood and Community Summit to be held on Saturday, February 10.
- RuPaul loves Orlando’s Tymisha Harris.
- “Digress Wine set to pour in College Park.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Tartine Wine Bar & Eaterie starts new breakfast-lunch menu today, dinner to come in February.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Winter Park’s First Whole Foods Getting Demo’d to Make Way for Sprouts.” – The Daily City
- “Winter Park leaders discuss future of vacant property on Fairbanks Avenue, Lee Road.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “$19.9 million plan is changing the landscape at Orlando Fashion Square (PHOTOS).” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Watermark’s 2018 WAVE Awards Final Round – VOTE NOW.” – Watermark
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday: Conversation on Justice (Valencia)
- Monday: Hammered Lamb 5 Year Anniversary (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday: Rethinking [Transit Equity, Climate Change and] the City (North Quarter)
- Wednesday: Bicycle 101: Basic Bike Maintenance and Flat Repair Clinic (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday: Sausage Shack Grand Opening (Hannibal Square)
- Thursday: Green Works Orlando Public Workshop (Audubon Park)